The Beltrami County Board of Commissioners has narrowed down to five potential picks to fill the Beltrami County Administrator position.
Kay Mack has plans to retire in November.
The finalists are:
- Thomas Barry, most recently the city manager for Minot, North Dakota. Barry also directed public works and utilities in Idaho, Engineering and Operations Manager for Redmond, Washington, and Public Works Program Administrator for Bellevue, Washington. He holds three master degrees in Science, Business Administration and Public Administration.
- Mitchell Berg, a former city treasurer at New Trier. Berg is currently a faculty mentor for M State and is an adjunct professor for both White Earth Tribal and Community College and Bemidji State. Berg holds a master’s in Urban and Regional Studies and a PhD in Management and Public Service.
- Pat Oman, the Mille Lacs County Administrator. Oman has experience as the city administrator for Moose Lake, Economic Development Director for Carlton County, Economic Development Director for the East Central Regional Development Commissioner, and Executive Director of the Chippewa County (Wisconsin) Economic Development Corporation.
- Christina Regas is currently the Blackduck City Manager. She has been in this role for the past six years and before that, was the store manager for Bemidji’s Office Max for ten years. Regas holds a bachelor’s in Fine Arts.
- Rebecca Secore, current director of Beltrami County Health and Human Services, where she has served for seven years. Secore has experience as director and clinical supervisor for Beltrami Area Service Collaborative, Family Based Services Program Coordinator at Upper Mississippi Mental Health, and Program Director for Turning Point Day Treatment. Secore holds a master’s degree in Counseling and Human Resources.