Halloween is this Sunday, and many organizations are planning family-friendly parties and trick-or-treating events this weekend.
- The City of Bemidji Parks and Rec Department will hold a Boo Bash at 4 p.m. at City Park. Registration can be done online. Cost is $20 per family.
- Mix 103.7 is holding their annual Treat Street event with a twist. The event will be from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Beltrami County Fairgrounds for a drive-through event, tickets are available for free at participating businesses.
- New Salem Lutheran Church in Turtle River will have a hayride at 2 p.m. and trunk-or-treating at 3 p.m.
- Bemidji State University Residential Life will hold their trick-or-treating event from 4 to 6 p.m. at the patio in front of the northwest entrance to the John Glas Fieldhouse. The dormitories will not be open to trick-or-treaters this year.
- KandiLand Learning Center at 610 Railroad St. SE will hold a Trick-or-Treating event from 1 to 3 p.m.
- The WoodShed and Laporte-Benedict Lions Club will hold a Halloween Spooktacular from 4:30 to 6 p.m. The event will include a dance party and carnival games.
- Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe will hold drive-through events at the three casinos at Northern Lights in Walker, Cedar Lake in Cass Lake, White Oaks Casino in Deer River, plus the Community Center in Bena, from 4 to 7 p.m.