The MnDOT construction project on Highway 71 will move into Stage 2, Phase 1 today. Crews will be constructing the roundabout on Anne Street and paving the southbound lanes between Winter Sumac Rd. and Highway 197 on 71. Highway 71 will remain open to through traffic. Drivers can expect lane closures, delays and intersection detours throughout this project. Patients and visitors to Sanford Health should allow for extra travel time.
Stage 2, Phase 1 traffic impacts:
- Anne Street: Closed at Highway 71, detour onto Fern St.
- Hwy 71:
- Southbound lanes will be closed.
- Traffic shifts to head-to-head traffic on northbound lanes.
- Highway 71 southbound traffic will not be able to access the Irvine Avenue off-ramp. Detour routes include Glidden Rd. and Lakewood Dr., dependent on construction at those intersections. Signs will be posted directing traffic.
- Expect delays.
- Hwy 197: Temporary lane closures on Hwy 197 westbound lanes at Hwy 71 intersection. Expect delays.
- Winter Sumac Rd.: Shoulder work at Winter Sumac Rd., expect delays.
- Motorists are encouraged to find an alternate route when possible during construction.
- Speed limits are reduced throughout the entire project, follow posted speed limit signs.