NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the City of Bemidji will hold a public meeting on Monday, August 10, 2020 at 5:30 P.M. or soon thereafter by Cisco Webex or Bemidji City Hall, 317 4th St. NW, Bemidji, MN 56601. The purpose of the meeting is to consider information regarding the formation of a Bemidji Police Advisory Committee.
The City of Bemidji is requesting citizen input in regards to the following questions:
- Is there a need for a Police Advisory Committee in the City of Bemidji?
*If yes to Question 1, Please answer the following questions:
- Who should be a part of the Police Advisory Committee?
- What would you like to be the role and responsibilities of the Police Advisory Committee?
3A. What should the role be of the Bemidji Police Department and City Council in this Advisory Committee?
4. Do you feel there is a need for creating an Equity Committee?
4A. If yes, then do you feel this Equity Committee should be separate or incorporated into the Police Advisory Committee?
5. How would a Police Advisory Committee and/or an Equity Committee help make the City of Bemidji a better place to live?
Written testimony may be submitted prior to the public meeting to the City Clerk via mail, drop box, or in person at 317 4th St. NW, Bemidji, MN 56601 or by email at email@example.com. To request a link to the remote meeting access via video, please email the city clerk. If you would like to call into the meeting and provide testimony, please call (218) 759-3570 for further directions.