The Sanford Bemidji and Bagley campuses announced reduced visitor restrictions as of 8 this morning.
Sanford Bemidji and Bagley hospitals’ visitor guidelines are as follows:
- Four visitors are allowed to visit non-COVID-19 patients per day. Visitors cannot rotate during the day. Patients must choose four people who will be allowed to visit the patient each day during established visiting hours, 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- All visitors should limit time spent outside the patient’s room and only use public restrooms.
- All visitors must be screened for COVID-19 symptoms when entering the facility in accordance with current CDC and Minnesota Department of Health guidelines.
- Anyone who is not feeling well, has recently had a known exposure to someone confirmed to have COVID-19, has a pending COVID-19 test or has been confirmed to have COVID-19 within the last 14 days, should not visit anyone in a hospital.
- A mask must be worn by all visitors at all times, covering the nose and mouth, including while in the patient’s room. Surgical masks will be provided and are strongly recommended.
- Visitors 2-17-years-old are allowed to visit if they are accompanied by an adult ANDproperly wearing a mask.
Exceptions to this visitor policy include:
- Special Care Nursery – No more than three people may visit at one time—one of the three people must be the parent/caregiver who is wearing an infant identification band. Children ages 5-17 are allowed to visit but are limited to a 15-minute time frame. Visitors under the age of 5 are not permitted.
- COVID-19 – Adult and pediatric COVID-19 positive patients are allowed two visitors per day. Visitors cannot rotate during the day. Patients must choose two people who will be allowed to visit the patient during established visiting hours.
- All COVID-19 patient visitors will receive a handout of safety protocols for during and after their visit.
- Visitors are strongly recommended to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Unvaccinated visitors should quarantine for five days after their visit is completed followed by strict mask use for five additional days.
- Fully vaccinated visitors should wear a mask for ten days after their visit.
- A visitor may visit a COVID-19 patient more than once; however, they must limit their visit to only the patient’s room and wear a mask at all times.
- End-of-life patient visitors will be determined on a case-by-case basis.