The Minnesota Department of Health reported 484 new COVID-19 cases today and 13 new COVID-related deaths, bringing the state’s case total to 82,716 and death toll of 1,897.
Of those deaths, 1,382 were residents of long-term care or assisted living facilities. Of those cases, 8,998 were health care workers.
Over 1.665 million tests have been completed so far, with over 17,800 tests completed yesterday.
To date, 75,757 COVID patients have been released from isolation.
COVID patients in ICU wards increased by one today, at 139, with 114 others hospitalized in non-critical settings.
MDH reported three new COVID-19 cases in Beltrami County today, bringing the county’s cumulative total to 344 cases and three deaths.
Yesterday, Beltrami Public Health’s Megan Heuer reported the county was monitoring 14 active COVID-19 cases, no current hospitalizations and 199 tests pending.
MDH also reported one new case in Cass County, bringing their total to 112 with three deaths; one new case in Hubbard County, total of 52 cases; three new cases in Itasca County, total of 228 with 13 deaths; one new case in Koochiching County, total of 96 cases with three deaths; and one new case in Roseau County, total of 95 cases.
MDH updated its list of congregate care facilities with COVID-19 exposures. An exposure is defined by a case of COVID-19 in a resident, staff person, or visiting provider. These facilities may not have ongoing transmission. The list is updated weekly, and if a facility reports no new COVID-19 cases in 28 days, they are removed from the list.
Facilities in our area identified as COVID-exposed include:
- Sanford Health WoodsEdge Senior Living Neilson Place, Beltrami County
- Tamarack Court, Beltrami County
- Edgewood May Creek, Cass County
- Good Samaritan Society Pine River, Cass County
- Big Fork Valley Communities, Itasca County
- Grand Village, Itasca County
- Hillcrest Nashwauk, Itasca County
- Majestic Pines, Itasca County
- Lifecare Greenbush Manor, Roseau County
- Oak Crest Senior Housing, Roseau County