The Minnesota Department of Transportation announced late last week that two projects in the area will begin on state highways.
Starting on Aug. 9, drivers on Highway 64 near Akeley can expect a detour as crews install a larger box culvert at Eleventh Crow Wing Lake.
The detour includes Highway 34 and Hubbard County Road 25.
The $1.3 million project is estimated to be complete by late September.
Also on Aug. 9, drivers on Highway 2 east of Cass Lake can expect short-term delays and lane closures as a resurfacing project begins.
The project includes grading and resurfacing of Highway 2 from Cass County Road 206 to Cass County Road 10.
The $1.7 million project is expected to be complete by the end of August.
Drivers are reminded to:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution.
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times.