The Bemidji Area Chamber of Commerce recognized its members and community leaders at their 16th Annual Awards of Excellence Luncheon. The awards included:
- Entrepreneur of the Year to Tracie Lusby and Jaimee Labernik, from The Bluebelle Event Venue,
- New Business of the Year to Dunkin,
- Wellness in the Workplace to Lueken’s Village Foods
- Community Impact to Sanford Health of Northern Minnesota, and
- Business of the Year, to Paul Bunyan Communications.
The Chamber past Board Chairs selected Pete Aube, retired Plant Manager at Potlatch Corporation, as this year’s recipient for the Charlie Naylor Lifetime Achievement Award.
“Over the course of his 40 years of experience in forestry and forest products, Pete Aube’s achievements in his career are nothing short of impressive, including building Minnesota’s largest sawmill, right here in Bemidji,” said a release.
“He has served on many regional, state, and national forestry committees, and he is often attributed to being the driving force that saved the lumber industry in the Bemidji Area.”
Aube has also served on a variety of boards for forestry, healthcare, economic development, non-profit, and business.