Highway 1 west of Red Lake is closed due to deteriorating pavement conditions from recent floods.
Highways will be closed until further notice and traffic should seek alternate routes.
As of early this morning:
Six highways in northwestern Minnesota remain closed due to flooding.
Highways that remain closed:
- Highway 1 from Marshall County Road 17 into Oslo
- Highway 1 west of Red Lake
- Highway 2B – Sorlie Bridge in East Grand Forks
- Highway 92 between Highway 59 in Brooks and Highway 32
- Highway 220 between Highway 1 and Highway 11
- Highway 317 between Highway 220 and North Dakota border
Highways that remain open, but currently have water over the road:
- Highway 59 south of Winger
Highways that have been opened and are clear of water:
- Highway 2 Crookston (east of Jackson Ave)
- Highway 92 north of Zerkel
- Highway 200 east of Mahnomen
- Highway 113- 4 miles east of Waubun
When a road is closed, it is illegal to travel in that area. Motorists can be fined up to $1,000 and/or 90 days in jail. If travelers need rescue from a closed road, other expenses and penalties will apply.
Check 511mn.org before traveling for road closure and condition information.