The Minnesota Department of Health reported 937 new cases of COVID-19 today, bringing the state’s cumulative total of cases to 90,942, and four new COVID deaths, bringing the death toll to 1,969 deaths.
Of those deaths, 1,425 were residents of long-term care or assisted living facilities. Of those cases, 9,684 were health care workers.
Over 1.855 million tests have been completed, with almost 17,000 completed yesterday, Sunday, Sept. 20.
To date, 82,174 patients no longer need to be isolated.
Today, there are 128 COVID patients in the ICU, with 127 others hospitalized in non-critical settings.
MDH reported one new COVID death in Beltrami County today, a resident in their early 70s. Three new COVID cases were reported, bringing the county’s total to 379 cases and five deaths, 17 more cases than the last report on Thursday, Sept. 17.
MDH reported five new COVID cases in Cass County, bringing their total to 131 with three deaths; one new case in Hubbard County, total of 83; five new cases in Itasca County, total of 282 with 13 deaths; one new case in Lake of the Woods, total of 21 cases and one death; six new cases in Koochiching County, total of 111 cases and three deaths; and one new case in Roseau County, total of 117 cases.
Last Friday, MDH updated their list of COVID-exposed congregate care facilities. A facility is considered exposed if a staff member, resident or visitor tests positive for COVID-19 and were at the facility during their contagious period. After 28 days and no new cases, the facility is removed from the list. These facilities may not have ongoing transmission.
Facilities in our area include:
- GoldPine Home, Beltrami County
- Sanford Health WoodsEdge Senior Living Neilson Place, Beltrami County
- Tamarack Court, Beltrami County
- Good Samaritan Society Pine River, Cass County
- Edgewood May Creek, Cass County
- Heritage Living Center, Hubbard County
- Big Fork Valley Communities, Itasca County
- Essentia Health Homestead, Itasca County
- Grand Village, Itasca County
- Majestic Pines, Itasca County
- Maple Woods Assisted Living, Itasca County
- Oak Crest Senior Housing, Roseau County